Sunday, June 12, 2011

Time's FUN.....

.....when you're having flies.  According to Kermit anyhow ;)


I cannot believe that time has passed so quickly and that so much has happened in such a seemingly short period of time.  Above and beyond everything else....from dealing with a staph infection, cursing massive forest fires, propane poisoning and being batted about like a ping pong ball...on another planet entirely too.....I have LEARNED , plenty.


I've learned that PEOPLE are far more important than I realised.
Having largely been quite content to occupy my own carefully constructed personal spaces for ever so long have I been.....Strip 'that' away?  Remove absolutely everything that is even remotely familiar and everyone that you truly care about?  Toss in some rather extreme circumstances and completely remove any possibility of fleeing ???


What's left? 


Just Me. 

And I'm pretty danged Cool I think ;) 

The fears, uncertainty and general overall poor state of everything in my core for the past year or so has had quite the software upgrade.  I have, literally, faced THE Fires............I have NO fear now and therefore uncertainty is no longer a concern.  I am STRONG, having gained a crystal clear image of who I truly am and what I can do...BE......Do.

Metaphorically speaking, I am now officially bulletproof and that my friends?  THE most amazing feeling in the World.

For this I largely owe the truly remarkable group of people that have graced this weird world I find myself in these past two weeks.  Those people who took me in, made me feel HOME...when I didn't really have one.  Who appreciated Just Me, frequently and vocally.........mere words cannot express how wonderful and badly needed each and every one of those daily "Darlin" "Sweetheart" "Sunshine" and "Luv"s have been.  WOW.

I find myself writing this from my original camp, where I arrived back earlier this evening.  I miss the friends I made and left behind but am quite content to be settling back into this sweet little place where the only thing exceptional is the people involved.  It changes your focus, it changes WHO you are when there's absolutely nothing else.....I believe it to be a Very Good Thing :)

So.  Complete turnaround.....hard to believe it and  I still frequently think I'll wake up back on my Island (I will, actually, in four days LOL ).........two weeks .  Who knew?

Thank You Universe, for getting me through all these strange happenings in this strange place.  For surrounding me with amazing and caring people who have loved me up, made me laugh (a lot ) and generally just provided those wee soft spots to land amidst the chaos.

You ROCK.

I do too now, without a single doubt, because of it.

Life.

Happens.

GO with it...............................................

'Night  from the Kearl Girl :) 

No comments: