Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Touch Down.....

My return 'Home' started at 2am Pacific time, involved two planes (one of which came with a FEMA Search and Rescue Dog under my seat for the duration :) a train, a bus (which managed to find a 6 car accident and get trapped on a bridge for nearly an hour) and yet another ferry.......these feet hit my rock at 7 pm that day.  Yikes.  I am, entirely too old for that level of 'adventure' I think .....

So, I must admit to being  Home again......have been so for several days but I'm still oddly not really HERE just yet, I'm not really sure if I ever will be either.

Every now and again your heart finds another Home.   Mine just did.

As if being torn between my physical love of All Things Island and my emotional attachments to all those that came before in Ontario wasn't good enough........I've now left a big chunk behind in Texas.  Of all places...Texas??.... who knew really?  I can't honestly say I've ever done so much, BEen so much and met such truly amazing people........all in the briefest of time and, on a whim and a prayer ;)

WOW. 

There are still many stories to tell and images to share, from The Hill Country, Luckenbach (which really IS a step back in time) to the winding San Antonio River and The Alamo.....homemade root beer and REAL Dr. Pepper too (!)......there remain a few more wee conversations for sure.  

For now however, that little thing called Reality must take precedence.......I've got to get caught up and have 'things' to deal with....Big Things that, with a fresh Texas perspective, don't seem nearly as scary anymore but require my urgent attentions for the next wee while in any case.
I'm leaving some images behind to hold this space.........I'll also leave my boots checked by the door, to be put back on again just as soon as I am able.

Cheers

(and, of course, MUCH Love to Texas :)  

Cody , Under Seat Security ;)

Enchanted Rock



Cactii, Papaya and Palms at The Alamo




Lunch Along The River

Sweet Honeysuckle

My Door Stop for now......


No comments: