Sunday, May 22, 2011

John & Fred and Becoming UN 'Stuck'


In an effort to SHIFT 'things' I have sworn (and am now doing it publicly as well ) to the following terms;

1.  I will no longer allow these 'things' of late to define ME.  In any way.  This is a transient situation and already well on it's way to being History !
2. I will ASK for exactly what I want.  Dear Universe.......with meaning, with feeling and with the absolute and utter belief that This Too shall be TRUE.  I knew this once, forgot....look where it got Me? YIKES !!!!Lesson heard and learned, very well......
 3. I will, gladly and with a great deal of constant Gratitude for what I have and will come to have, BE FUN, feel GREAT and  focus on Every Little Thing that allows Me to do so.  A-Z remember ??  the details can work themselves out with neither further fuss nor worry from Me............
4. I will write more often.  The laptop's on it's way (because I Asked ;) and my wee purple pen works just fine in the interim.  
It's therapy, I need it.....humour me, please,  because I love you :~D 

SO.

Today's This is ME feeling GREAT moment involved  (of course) another  somewhat Random Road Trip......just a wee way down the road to a favourite coffee stop along the Nanaimo Seawall.  Here She goes again ;) ........

(as originally written....the Old Fashioned Way.... with pen & paper ;)

I am currently sitting on the Seawall with a Pumpkin Spice Latte, wee purple sign that says
  "Just say HELLO " and a somewhat silly little *GRIN*.  I DO these things, or probably should more often, anyhow :P

My first Note To Self would have to be that I really should, in future, check out the local Goings On before planning little Adventures such as this.......Parades tend to provide some substantial Parking Challenges that are probably better off avoided.  Whoops.....who knew?  I needed the walk anyhow :)

Next Note To Self....placing that wee purple sign on your wee bistro table does indeed result in some interesting looks and comments.  As much as I truly appreciated a local Busker incorporating "Just Say Hello" into his lovely Irish Folk Song (!!)........tad TOO 'unusual' , even for Me.  I'm odd but not THAT odd and yes, I did just indeed pass him a Toonie for his troubles :)

Immediately voting for slightly less conspicuous (!!) after  being turned very pink in public I'm opting to mostly disappear said sign under the pile of papers from my bag.  Oh YAY !!  Now I am just a little purple HELLO ;)....and only if you're paying attention......This Paper Malfunction should allow me to now relax enough to just LOOK around.........works !!  Now I'm merely amused instead of mortified.  Win Win !

I now notice that strollers/joggers and the overall Wee Child Transportation Systems have seriously evolved since my own "Haul It All" days.  WOW.  Here I used to live in fear of not making it over a mere curb with my ever so precious cargo....these Beasts can clearly climb WALLS now !!  No matter the number of kidlets, amount of gear or obstacles faced.....you really CAN haul it ALL now....and look really good doing it too !!  Progress :~D

I've just been interrupted again and am forced to realise the number of Lovely Hounds that people are leaving entirely unattended and at the mercy of plenty of Passers By...I would NEVER (!!!) That said, I am personally in this moment baby sitting a gorgeous and sweet Boxer/Dane (?) pup who's supposed Owner just tied to the table beside Me with a " Please make sure no one steals her !"  and vanished.....for over twenty minutes so far.  To  my horror I DO admit to more than a little temptation and a heap full of relief when said pup was eventually retrieved, without so much as a Thank You (should have taken her Home....just sayin'......LOL )

Fun Thing !  Kidlets apparently still LOVE Blue Ice Cream !!  As much as it horrified Me when my own kidlets were so afflicted, many a small Smurf inspired face hath recently skipped, smiling, past my seat here.  It truly seems like only yesterday that I myself was trying to gently wipe said Blue Goo off my own squirming kids !  HMmmmmmm.....Memories that make The Heart go *SIGH*  

More Fun !!  there are currently what appears to be a Swarm of Teenagers laughing and running amok all OVER the Seawall  !  They seem to be directed by 'grown ups' with walkie talkies....hmmmmmm Flash Mob perhaps??  dry land Marco Polo??  Perhaps if I sit here long enough their purpose will become clear? or perhaps there isn't one at all and they're just having FUN.....let's wait and see for now......

More WOW.  Spending most of my time in the Wonder Bread world of Dullsville (LOL....sorry but I am simply not old enough yet to live there much longer) ....there is ZEST here just a few miles away !!  Every size, age, shape, colour....in both human and hound alike ...appears to be present here on the waterfront.   Even ON the water itself; paddle boats, kayaks, canoes, float planes and massive yachts all bob along merrily beside one another ... YAY ! 
(Brief note here.......despite being mostly concealed now I am officially up to 7 on the "Hello" count and admitting to being very surprised.  Clearly, despite the lack of sunshine and chill here on the waterfront, Spirits remain HIGH and bolder than usual .  The Busker still , hands down, wins this odd little experiment though ;)

Oh HA !!!  A very lovely and very elderly couple only just plunked themselves at the table next to mine.  He immediately asked " Are you writing a Dear John letter?  or is his name Fred ?"  After laughing and explaining that there is neither a John nor Fred in my life at the moment he then exclaimed ......and this absolutely deserves a drum roll, coming from an Octogenarian, .........

"Oh WELL then !! your John ran off with Fred ?! "

I very nearly fainted laughing and am still trying very hard to keep breathing and not attract any further attention..........BRILLIANT !!!

I absolutely adore the wit & wisdom of our elderly population and this one was nearly as fun as the 93 year old former Disney Engineer that was wanting to buy a gas powered motor scooter only yesterday.....another story perhaps ;)

HmmmMmmmmmmmm previously mentioned Grown Ups with walkie talkies hath apparently observed both my amusement and confusion and taken a moment to wander over and explain The Swarm.  It's seven Teams, consisting of local CHURCH Groups and some Americans ;) ......Tacoma....LOL......They are playing their own version of The Amazing Race and are, Cap Guns (fun!!) in hand currently racing towards their final destination.  This would be 'Janelle', another 'grown up' ...who is now *GRIN* ing in complete abandon as she watches The Swarm both determine her location and surge towards her.

I LOVE it !!

That said, despite the hugely entertaining FUN I've been party to this last hour or so, this li'l Road Tripper is freezing her fanny off AND her Parking is about to expire :O

Off to refuel by feasting with Good Chums (did I mention I was ever so thankful for all of you ? :) and perhaps, in a little bit, climb onto a Roof Top to watch the Fireworks with self same chums.....my ocean being the mirror for colour and light and my mountains being the backdrop for a BLAST of ...DAZZLE for the evening  :)

THANK YOU UNIVERSE, please DO bring more of today's THIS...ON ...PLEASE :~D  

Happy Victoria Day , everyone, from this Rock o' Mine to wherever you may BE .

Light (the kind that sizzles in the air ;) & Laughter 

K
(transcribed, rapidly, from coffee stained, wind blown and rapidly scribbled notes......I will not edit, it's Just Me and I think  Y'all be just fine with the simplicity of it all....I now have to go back to the waterfront and watch things get Blown UP ...he he he ...PurRrrrrrfect  :~)  




Nanaimo Harbour

:~D 

My temporary charge :)  Some People .......really...




P.S...........Thank You Universe for the Sky Daisy ;) 

No comments: