Thursday, October 28, 2010

Planes, Trains & Automobiles


Well, not quite. Automobile and Ferry thus far.....leave it to Me to do everything backwards ;)

Well then.....let us start with The Ferry portion of the program.....despite the fact that, by the time I actually am able to POST this, I will more than likely already have Arrived . Somewhere completely different regardless. LOL.

To refresh, again for those that may not actually KNOW me, I live on A Rock. A BIG one. It's mine, I LOVE it and most people call it Vancouver Island :)

Travelling OFF the rock is much, for me anyhow, like leaving the country. It involves a bit of travel , to either one of the smallish airports here or to one of several ferry terminals for those of us unable to find the appropriate connecting flight.

That'd be Me this time.

This is entirely fine, mostly because I managed to hitch a ride with an absolutely lovely friend AND I also LOVE The Ferry. Frankly, if I had my way I could spend (and have actually) the entire day just going back and forth......BC Ferries, can you HEAR me? I'm seriously employable and already love you ! LOL

I enjoy queueing up for The Ultimate Big Boat, watching all the cars and people/pets therein. It's fascinating and never the same way twice. From those Fast Times At Ridgemont HIGH type Hippie Vans (yes, they still very much exist here and they do indeed spew smoke of questionable organic origin) to your regular generic family type vehicles with adorable children playing peek-a-boo from the back seat and giggling furiously......it's well......LIFE :)

Seeing as there's absolutely nothing that tickles my particular fancy more (yes, I can well imagine where some brains rabbited off with that one ;) than being on or near my ocean......two hours spent people watching on the ferry can be pretty much Purrrrfect really.

BUT

There is often one spoiler in every crowd. Could be the car that stalls permanently in front of you whilst loading, a small child that gets sick (I sympathize, honestly, but please pass me a bag too) five feet in front of you , or , this trip anyhow.....The Walking Dead.

I'll never understand why people that are clearly SO ill they should be in bed and/or hospitalized, feel perfectly entitled to get on public transit and sit in in the middle of densely populated spaces to spread their Joy. No staying in their car or hiding in a corner for them...

There was, THE sneeze. A real attention grabber to be sure and followed by the turning of many heads.

Then another......followed by much hoarkling and what I am certain was a Death Rattle. He's got everyone's full attention now and I can't help but notice that he is clearly not inclined to even cover his mouth let alone spew into a tissue or elbow..... the viral effluent filling the air space around him is visible......

OUTBREAK !!

Visions of biting monkeys and men in Hazmat suits dance through my head and I can't scramble fast enough for the sanitizer in my bag.........my WORD.

What the heck are people like that THINKING?

Had this particular NOT Gentleman attempted to board an aircraft he would simply not have been allowed. The ferry , unfortunately is much like a bus or train and anything goes.....I still shudder to think about that one.

THANK YOU to the very dear and very lovely friend who not only reminded me to insure my possibly soon to be rather ill fanny before departing the country but also had the foresight to provide me with enough Cold FX 'Defence' to last me for the duration.........you clearly are psychic Kit Kat !!!

Next stop....other than a shower (!!!!)........the Bright Lights, Big City of Vancouver. Similar to Toronto but cleaner, friendlier, surrounded by mountains and sitting on the ocean......whoops, maybe not so similar LOL

I've been blessed by a Hostess with The Mostest and shall spend the night by the water, gazing at the lit up wee boats in the harbour, prior to my actual departure tomorrow. I shall rest my head trying not to think much of said Outbreak Man and , rather, Ferry memories of the sun setting on the mountains.

Step One, Ferry, complete.

All is well and exceedingly exciting in this, my own wee world :~D

G'Night and Sweet Dreams................





No comments: