Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trains.........


Vancouver has a very elaborate transportation system that, for the most part, entirely eludes me.

My claustrophobia and general overall aversion to being tossed amidst the teeming masses hath pretty much kept me OFF most forms of public transportation for the better portion of the last twenty years. There's a reason I live on A Rock after all :)

The Ferry does not count...there's plenty of space on it and I spend most of my time up top, weather permitting, on the “Sundeck” not that there's a whole lot of that on the Wet Coast at this time of year. Planes also do not count.....the seat backs are generally high enough to allow me to largely ignore most of the other occupants of my space and my iPod and/or puter further allows me to patrol my borders effectively.

Buses ? In Vancouver ?? OMG. Last time I took one I ended up alone and deposited, at NIGHT, in one of the worst parts of the city. The ONLY thing that saved me from being rolled by the gang that was staking me out was my obviously tangible RAGE after missing a ferry, spending 40 minutes in a moving sardine can and then being unceremoniously dumped by an ill informed transit worker in the Eastside. They'd take turns approaching me, get about five feet away, receive THE stare and retreat. I have never, in my life, ever been so happy to see a little white Beemer........THANK YOU again for saving me by the way !!

Self same little white Beemer is also owned by The Hostest With The Mostest who hath, this time, saved me from The Bus entirely and deposited me directly at The Train......”Canada Line”, Olympic exclusive LOL..... Bus can wait for the return trip.....SO not looking forward to that, but such is life.

I hadn't been on a train in a good very many years. Aside from nearly squashing an elderly fellow (apparently I've lost the hustle in my bustle since leaving Toronto...those trains stop and go quickly !)
it was a clean, safe.....SPACIOUS and very rapid trip to the Vancouver airport !

Even my 'geographically challenged' self couldn't possibly mess that one up.

Sweet !!!

Next up ????? does she go left or does she go right ? ........either way, this gal's getting WINGS.

Tally Ho,

R



No comments: