Friday, October 29, 2010

Plane 1


Alrighty then.

Things have changed, a LOT in the year it's been since I've last played in an airport.

Express check in? Scans my Passport AND pulls up all my info?? WOAH. Follow that by rather intense security. For the record, NEVER admit to being unemployed when they ask. Apparently it means you have no real reason to live and/or return to your country. I had no idea really..here I thought I was a pretty Happy Go Lucky kind of Gal actually ! After having my digits scanned and identifying an actual photo of my luggage (!) I managed to narrowly avoid a cavity search and was allowed to 'leave' my chosen country.

Funny that, I still feel very much Canadian staring at the Rockies :~D

I managed to sit for awhile, touch base with my FB buddies and the lovely gal that's been gracious enough to offer me a place to stay at the other end......You ROCK sister.....and have A Beer. Never drink the stuff but seemed a relatively harmless way to settle the nerves after my adventures just this side short of the No Fly list (!!)

Having traipsed ten miles across the airport to the appropriate Departure gate I honestly hadn't given much thought to where the Lavs were......and then there was The Beer......apparently they are about 9 miles apart !! WTH? I honestly do not understand why, when we can pull off the OLYMPICS (!!) the Vancouver Airport can't manage to have more than one Lav for every 20 departure gates !

Thank You Universe for giving me the good sense NOT to wear The Heels (despite not helping me pack properly) and for providing those lovely rapidly moving conveyor belts that have actually allowed me to catch my plane after actually locating the lav. Thank You again, to the absolutely stellar Aeromiles Gal that, after hearing my Tall Tale, pre-booked me into THE most awesome seat on this little 319. Not only do I have all three seats to myself, I'm at the back of the plane so if she goes down , the tail will snap clean off and I will be FINE and just have more stories to tell :)

I remain entirely unconvinced about the “Snack Box” however. Hermetically sealed box filled with hermetically sealed little packages.........Hummus in a squeeze tube?? Olives in a foil package?? I have never, in my life, seen anything quite like it.

Oh well, the flight attendants are having fun with The Tale (I need a Flat Stanley !) and with my obvious amusement over my Snack Box. Serious FUN.......Off to figure out what “Grissini” is LMAO......having big giggles and very much looking forward to the next descent in to....................????

Toss me something shiny, I am clearly very easily amused and hope you are too.

Back at you soon ;)



No comments: